Wednesday, February 24, 2010

National Pancake Day at IHOP



Getting ready to donate to the Children's Miracle Network!


With all the Children's Miracle Network Balloons!


Heather, My Mom and Katie Miss Elkhart 2009 enjoying pancakes at the Elkhart IHOP




Yesterday was IHOP's National Pancake Day. On National Pancake Day IHOP gives FREE Pancakes to costumers with the request that they consider donating to the Children's Miracle Network. The Children's Miracle Network is Miss America's National Platform and I am therefore an ambassador for their cause. So, I took some friends and headed to the nearest IHOP in Perrysburg, OH. We had a great time enjoying pancakes and supporting the Children's Miracle Network. While taking a few pictures the manager came out and said to me, "They told me you were coming." As it turns out, Miss Ohio was going to be at the same IHOP a few hours later and the manager thought I was Miss Ohio! I explained how I am a student at BGSU but will be competing for the title of Miss Indiana. It turns out the owner of the this particular IHOP also owns an IHOP in Evansville, IN. He asked for an autographed picture and for me to email him the pictures of my trip to IHOP to put up in his Evansville store. So if you are ever in the Evansville IHOP look for a picture of me up on the wall!

1 comment:

  1. Had such a wonderful time with the Miss Elkhart County "girls" at the I HOP eating our pancakes (and fries!) Heather, Jean and Katie...you are the best! Jackie and I are blessed to be on this "journey" with you all! love ya, Natalie

    ReplyDelete