Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Busy Day at Goshen Middle School!

Speaking with the students.


Helping groups work on their 'scenes'


Short scenes from the 7th and 8th Graders





Having Fun with the students!




I spent the entire day with Mrs. Carboneau's Language Arts classes. I spoke, and did activities with, two 7th grade classes and two 8th grade classes.

The seventh graders were learning about the play "The Importance of Being Earnest" by Oscar Wilde. We took the play and put on our own productions of this piece. However, groups had to perform their section of the script in 3 minutes, then 1 minute, then 20 seconds, 10 seconds and 5 seconds! It was fun to watch the student scramble to make sure the main idea was being portrayed in just 5 seconds. This activity really enhanced the students comprehension of the story, charters and themes.

The 8th graders were learning about persuasive writing. We used role playing to learn how to enhance supporting arguments! I will be using this same exercise later this week, so more to come on the specifics!!

It was very long and busy day, but I had so much fun!

1 comment:

  1. That was really fun!!! I'm glad you got to come to our school!!! I really hope you can come back sometime, 'cause you ROCK!!! I also hope you can win Miss America, and then I can brag to my other friends that I know miss America ; ) jk.

    ReplyDelete